Thursday 8 March 2012

They say "You can't go home again"




All my life, the Scarborough Bluffs have been home to me.  I have spent many sunny days walking the beach and climbing rocks.  Each year when the snow and ice give way to warmer temperatures, I find myself pulled to the magic that is the Bluffs. The warm breezes and the roar of the lake wrap me in fond memories and happy smiles.

The boats in the marina are still covered in their winter hides and the trees are just starting to burst alive with leaves.  I can no longer climb the bluffs like I did as a child, but I can certainly appreciate them from afar.  The crest in the background of this shot was one of my favorite climb spots.  It doesn't look like it used to.  Years of erosion have changed the face of the bluff, but they still hold their beauty.

As winter gives way to spring and the waves crash lovingly home to greet their shores, I'm lost in the energy and songs that whisper in the wind. Calling me back to revel in the beauty that has always been apart of my spirit.  The place that has always lifted my heart and reminded me that deep in the heart of the Scarborough Hood lies beauty and magic and passion.






I'm thankful for the company of my "Dear Sweet Sugar" and "The Lovers" to share it with.  Seeing the bluff through the eyes of happy puppies is an adventure in itself.

I just wish that I could teach that beautiful Husky of mine to stop chasing squirrels when "Mommy" wants to write.

This spring I have a new camera planned and a picture perfect walk through the season that is so beautiful to watch blossom.  Thank you to Karen for allowing me the use of her camera until I can get mine.  None of these amazing pictures would have been taken without her generous loan.

This is my first entry in the Journey of a Diva's Spirit. I personally can't wait to see what comes next.
  

3 comments:

  1. Diva, this is sooooo beautiful. The energies are flowing endlessly and you are receiving lots of it. Keep on writing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely beautiful!! Makes me want to go and investigate them for myself....Keep writing because you are awesome.

    ReplyDelete